We need supporters like you. Will you consider a donation today?
• Adopt-A-River program: In 2011 we joined the MN DNRs program and adopted the Sucker River along Minnesota's North Shore. We funded the manufacturing and installation of our own location signage and in that first year we collected over 170 pounds of trash. Thanks to all the volunteers who stepped up!
• Receptacle Roundup campaign:
A survey we conducted found that the open barrel trash cans along the lower north shore scenic highway rest stops and rivers were a big part of a litter problem along portions of the lower N. shore - how ironic. Our view was "you brought, you take it." Today the trash cans are gone and the litter has declined dramatically.
• Streamside clinic:
An information packed clinic conducted by our volunteer staff along a river during the fall pink salmon run. The clinic teaches the basics of fly and drift fishing for steelhead and salmon as well as habitat, fish migration, and how to "read water". The fall season lends favorable as the salmon are predicable and the rivers are low and easy to illustrate fish habitat and migration.
• MS Creel Project:
We are not scientist, but we have some very knowledgeable anglers and data junkies on our staff. We have been collecting migration data (temps, flow, returns, etc.) for years. In 2013 we launched this project as a way to further understand steelhead migration along our north shore rivers. We had incredible input from so many anglers.
• Meet-n-Greets: Non-formal off the water gatherings around the steelhead season. A great outlet for the public to share tips, stories, techniques, and pick the brains of our staff. A priceless event for all anglers.
• Report Card project: We designed and produced a unique card that we pass out to anglers. There is space to record your catch that can later be used to take part in our Creel Project. We also are utilizing the power of a QR code. Anglers are able to scan the code streamside, taking them directly to our creel project sign up page.
• Habitat: We (MS volunteers too) will be working closely with the MN DNR and other organizations on continued habitat and fisheries projects. visit our homepage for details.
Help us help anglers:
You can donate using our secure DONATE button or by mailing contributions to:
Support Minnesota Steelheader today!
Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Minnesota Steelheader • PO Box 10848 • St. Paul, MN 55110 • All rights Reserved
The HWY 61 window decals are 3.5" x 3.5" with an easy to apply adhesive back. All profits from our window decal sales go right back into supporting our North Shore Steelhead fishery.
Show your support!
Our logo window decals are 2.75: dia. with an easy to apply adhesive back. All profits from our window decal sales go right back into supporting MS and our mission.
Please note that though we are a registered MN Non-Profit, we do not hold charitable 501c status. Contrubutions to Minnesota Steelheader may not be taxdeductable.